Octavio “Tab” Verdeja, CPA, has 10 years of experience in public accounting. Tab has significant experience in the audits of not-for-profit and for-profit organizations. In addition, Tab has specialized in pension plan audits including 403(B), profit-sharing, and 401(K) plans. He recently has assisted The Children’s Trust (“TCT”) with program specific audit techniques and financial statement presentation. Tab has performed over fifty program specific audits in accordance with the guidelines of TCT.
A graduate of Florida International University (“FIU”) with a Bachelor of Accounting, Tab received his Master of Accounting degree in 2004 from FIU. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Tab is also Certified in Financial Forensics.
Tab’s civic involvement includes serving as chair of the United Way of Miami-Dade County Audit Agency Committee. In addition, Tab served on the Board of the Cuban American Certified Public Accountants Association and was a past board member of Joshua’s Heart Foundation. Tab was honored by CPA Today Magazine’s, 26 under 36 edition.
Education and Years of Experience
- Florida International University, B.A. – 2003
- Florida International University, Masters – MACC – 2004
- KPMG (2004 – 2006)
- Ten years of public accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – State of Florida
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Real Estate Associate
Professional and Civic Activities
- Serving as Chair of the United Way of Miami-Dade County Audit Agency Committee
- Served on Board of Cuban American CPA’s Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- United Way Investment Committee Member