ERIC E. SANTA MARIA CPA/ABV/CFF, CAA has more than 14 years of experience in accounting and taxation of individuals, corporations, partnerships, estate, trusts, and exempt organizations.
Eric is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Florida and also holds both the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensic (CFF) professional credentials from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Santa Maria has experience valuing numerous businesses and professional practices in a variety of circumstances including estate and gift tax planning, matrimonial disputes, business disputes, and shareholder buy-outs. Mr. Santa Maria has also been qualified as an expert witness and has provided oral testimony in Miami-Dade and Broward County Civil court.
Eric also utilizes his vast experience and specialized tax knowledge to represent clients effectively with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and other state or local tax authorities. He has worked with clients in tax examinations and collection matters to lower assessed tax penalties, negotiating favorable payment terms, and settling outstanding tax debts. As an IRS Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA), Eric assists nonresident aliens and other foreign taxpayers expedite their requests for taxpayer identification numbers directly from the IRS.
Eric has previously served on the Board of the Cuban American Certified Public Accounting Association and currently serves on the Miami Board of Directors of ALPFA, the Association of Latino Professionals For America. Eric’s civic involvement also includes serving as a Family Council Member with the March of Dimes.
Eric previously worked in PricewaterhouseCoopers’ financial services tax practice for over 6 years providing tax planning and compliance services in the real estate and banking practice, servicing public and privately-owned developers; home builders; hotels; and large privately owned banks.
Education and Years of Experience
- Bachelor of Accounting – Florida International University, Miami, FL, 2001
- Master of Science in Taxation – Florida International University, Miami, FL, 2003
- Certified Public Accountant – State of Florida, 2004, Professional License #36955
- Accredited in Business Valuation – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Certificate #4110
- Certified in Financial Forensics – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Certificate #5441
- Certifying Acceptance Agent – Internal Revenue Service, 2014
Professional affiliations and Awards
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”), Member
- AICPA CPA Ambassador Program, 2013
- Association of Latino Professionals For America (“ALPFA”), Treasurer
- Cuban American CPA Association, former Board Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“FICPA”), Member
- Florida International University Alumni Association, Member
- March of Dimes Miami-Dade County, Family Council Member
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (“NACVA”)
- FICPA’s “26 under 36”, 2013 honoree
- NACVA “40 under 40”, 2015 honoree